26.6.06

Sun's up again...

And I am sitting here listening to Jeff Buckley. I feel like the ultimate pretentious college ex/pat. I always get a bit lonely around this hour and want my phone to ring. When I pick it up I want it to be one of two people from home that I haven't heard from recently. I want to stay up for days and talk about living here as well as find out what is going on back in the Chesapeake-a, Va. I sent out postcards to respective friends as cheap german gift-ies and hope that their responce will bring us somewhat closer.

What's my problem, I leave in a month and a half. I have no time left in Berlin and I can't stop thinking about home. Maybe it's because I have only two or three weeks in VA and then it is back to the goulage in western PA. I'm not ready to have to do real work at that very real world place. Oh My dearest God! Fuck CMU(!!!) My cousin was right, it's a great school but everyone is beyond easily burnt out.

I'm just not in the mood for a group of pretentious, overly intelligent, over-eager asswhipes that call themselves students. Plus, bumping into the ex/factor, as kosher as we might be, doesn't sound like fun. Too much of my life is in Pittsburgh and I've been trying to run away from that for so long I'm getting tired.

Instead, I want to move to Holland amoungst the TulipPeople and learn more Dutch, (which b/t/w is surprisingly similar to German,) and marry someone with that same yearning to speak languages that sound like a throat disease.

1 comment:

gnarly nanny said...

my advice? (though you did not ask for it)
-enjoy your time in berlin... to the best of your ability because i'm sure all of germany is in a collective pissy mood because of FIFA.
-holland sounds good. go for it. ;0)