24.6.06

If You Were Ever in My Way.

Almost 4am again, (UTC+6 mind you,) and I have the lights on low in my little apt. Watching Scrubs again, I also am surfing for nothing on the mindlessinterweb putting off art making for the 10th time in the past 20minutes. Way to go.

I can't sleep. Probably because I woke up at 7pm yesterday, but also because I have this one word running through my head. 'die Notfall.' It means 'emergency' in German and it came in the form of a SMS at about 10:30/11 saying that I need to haul ass over to Charlottenburg. At 11pm there no way I could get there in less than an hour.

After the M5 to Alexanderplatz, the S-Bahn to Zoologischergarten, and 2 SMS's + a phone call to a random Portugese guy later I was finally in the presence of my 'Notfall'.

She was tanked and wearing a blue haltertop with jeans while carrying a bottle of Becks and asking me over and over to help her, help her! I meet her friends, her guy, and she steals me into the bathroom. I hate being cornered and this is exactly what happened. She's gonna cry and I needed to balance friendship with responsibility seeing as I'm the most sober. I really hate being cornered. It's not right, it's not fair, and it never ends well.

We get back to my place only after listening to the same three stories caught in her head over and over over, (etc.) I also witnessed a drunk old man wearing face paint attack a drunk young man dressed in black and slicked back hair. It was just sad.

In my apartment, I decided a plan of action that was better then her's and good for the both of us. The balancing act was amazing. ::patting self on back::
We smoked a rolled cigerette on the balcony and talked about the World Cup while in the back of my mind I kept thinking how paranoid this whole thing makes me. It's definatly not right, and certainly unfair, that I should think about myself when she's the one that needs a cup of tea, a Xanex, and someone to talk to.

I sent her on her way home, (she wanted to leave and be with this guy,) and have been up ever since.

It is 5:30 now. I'm gonna go get lost in my sheets.

No comments: