30.6.06

Achilles Heel

So I already sent out a little bullitin on Myspace about this exact same subject, and yet I 'just can't get enough(!!clapclap!!)' of talking about this little factoid I learned this morning. Plus, I just learned how to spell Achilles Heel and I'm wanting to spell it over and over so that I never forget how to do so.

So, a little website told me this: "The term “Achilles’ heel” was first used by a Dutch anatomist, Verheyden, in 1693 when he dissected his own amputated leg."

Tell me know, how disgustingly interesting is that!

Plus, I have spent a lot of time surfing these past few days and discovered, (quite late as I always do,) this site: Odeo.com , which is good for people like me with shitty dial up connections in their ancient apartments. I can hear 'Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me!' without having to wait over an hour for a podcast to download, that might not be complete, or might not download at all.

2 comments:

gnarly nanny said...

i loooooove wait wait!!!

june said...

that makes me smile like you wouldn't believe!