24.5.06

Quite the Ass.

So I have been a hermit for the past few day and decided not to go to the studio. Instead, I have watched, 'Thirteen,' 'I <3 Huckabees,' (spelling not my forte,) and 'Sky High,' while working on artshit at home.

::The weather has been shit and taking a tram and the U-Bahn for an hour just to sit in a cold studio with Herr I'mAJackass is just not appealing when I can do so much at home.::

Yet, sadly, today I must present my work to my class which is about thirty to fifty stuck up EuroArtPunks, and I am forced to show up at the university. Grr. At least the weather is nicer today...

In other news, the Galleria Kaufhof in Alexanderplatz is experiencing a grand opening today and I got a bangin' coffee press for 20€, (marked down from 39.99 mind you!) along with some tasty SouthAmerican coffee and yummy 5€ cheese from Norway.
They're having a huge celebration in the space in front of the Kaufhof, which was stuffed with venders selling cute homemade trinkets and the smell of grilled wurst. (I've been a vegitarian for almost 8 years and my mouth was watering.)

They had some kind of radio station DJing the event with shitty american pop music - but it still felt extremely european regardless. My favorite part of this whole scene is seeing the one Turkish vegitable-sellerGuy with his little makeshift market next to the U-Bahn station. There is a ton of people, music, and city noise, but you can hear him crying his wares across the whole of Alexanderplatz. He is desperate to sell as much white asperagus, (again spelling!!) as he possibly can before it goes out of season.

All in all things are lookin' fun for the weekend with more grand-openings and a huge book fest in the middle of the city.

:*from June to America.

No comments: