26.5.06

Another Berlin Friday.

Wednesday night I was drunk as a skunk with theAussie-girl and after an eventful night of Berlin bar-hopping, I spotted my coincidenceGuy across the tracks of the M10. As we walked across these tretourous tracks I opened up my mouth to say something and fell hard across two bands of iron and into some very jagged rocks. I screamed out loud, 'Fuck! It hurts! oh FUCK it hurts!!!' and couldn't hear anything. My head had gone completely numb and there was only a slight buzzing and the muffled sounds of theAussie-girl and some guy she brought home saying things like, 'It's okay, we're almost there!'
I crawl to the other side of the street where I still can't hear anything and start puking green vomit onto someone's front stoop. I'm shaking uncontroably and in the back of my head realizing how much I had actually had to drink in the past twelve hours. It has been a while since I have been this careless. The guy brings some water over to me and then lifts me up in his arms, carrying me down a block until he doesn't know where to go. I finally direct the two of them back to my flat and curl up in a ball on my bed, only to wake up the next day without a hang over, (how is beyond me.) Instead, My arms and legs are so bruised and swollen I had a limp for the rest of the day. Even today, I have trouble lifting my arms over my head and the swelling has yet to go down in my right knee and hand.

Last night on the other hand was lovely. A calm evening at B Flat, with theGermanTeddyBär, an American, and OhMichigan! is just what I needed. The jazz singer on this particular night was French with a very good command of the German language, and her small band including an up-right bass, drums, and piano had a calming effect on my sore heart, (still consumed by theKiller,) and body.

Today though, is my day. I woke up at two, and not for any other reason then because I wanted to. It was a brilliant, lazy day with lots of Sex and the City on DVD and laundry. The weather has been chilly fo the past few days so I have the heat up to a comfy temperature and have completed my daily chores lounging in underware and a Carnegie Mellon T-Shirt.

I might be battered and bruised inside and out but that doesn't matter. Today is my day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! How I pine for a full day of walking around drunk and walking away with scars to tell of it...

gnarly nanny said...

yikes.... i hate that "out-of-control-drunk" feeling. glad the rest of your week turned out better.