14.7.06

My Friend's Name is CurryWurst.


Walking into Dussmann's, (the German version of Barnes and Noble,) I was pleased that this is one of the few establishments in the entire city that believes in AC.

I walked with HerrMann past a large bald man with tiny glasses of mineral water thinking that maybe there was some kind of event happening on the same day that Thom York's Eraser became available in the store. Apparently nothing special was going on, just another attempt to pamper guests in to buying over-priced media.

The two of us worked our way over to New Releases and did some digging before I snatched the last copy of the coveted Eraser off of the shelf to my friend's cry of dismay.

"Not Fair! Come on!"

Well there had to be more copies available right? I mean this is a massive store and they aren't just going to shelve 10 CD's on the release day...

After bothering the frazzled looking InformationFrau, HerrMann got his hands on a copy and the two of us parted ways into the sea of new music.

WishList:
Hooverphonic: No More Sweet Music
Nouvelle Vague: Bande 'a Part
Nick Cave: The Preposition Score
Muse: Blackholes and Revelations, (only certain tracks though... they tend to get a bit to poptastic if you know what I mean.
Quarks: Trigger Me Happy
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy: I See Darkness
and this new album by the Concrets

We met again by the listening stations and browsed a bit together complaining about the new Keane album and how instantly it blew, (I mean it really fucking sucks my friends,) and then he found it.
HerrMann found this ridiculous album by a German blues artist, the name of which currently fails me, but there was this one song...

Currywurst.

I will do some more research on the song so you may all find it and enjoy it as much as I did. By this I mean enjoy falling on the floor, crying, wheezing, laughing so hard you break something.

The whole experience today was worth getting up at the unGodly hour of 3pm and racing to the S-Bahnhof at Alex for. I always enjoy this kid's company and wish we had the time to get to know one another better, ( I mean, all Radiohead fans are somewhat kin, yes?.) He is obsessed, (I exaggerate, but ...) with Currywurst and so this song has true meaning to our brief friendship. An inside joke if you will.



In closing, buy the new Thom York Album. It is lovely and you will be a lovely person by owning it. I know this is no way to end an entry but - I'm tired.

No comments: