19.7.06

35 (some odd) Degrees

The city is boiling today and every window in every building is cracked. There are fans going everywhere and people are seeking refuge in the few venues sporting AC in this part of Europe. Global warming is a reality that Deutschland needs to realize and deal with the way everyone else does.

Let's go inside, jack up the air conditioning, and not leave the house until the sun goes down.

Today is also offically the last day of my semester at UdK. I have collected all the signatures, gotten the grades, and said a very formal goodbye to everyone that I shared class with. I'm now back in the library, where everyone else seems to still be working and feel bad for taking up this spot for as long as I know I will be. Still, I'm not going to leave before I'm finished myspacing, emailing, blogging, and surfing.

This is also the first time in some time that I haven't been working, or in summer school on my birthday. (My mother believed that summer school as a way of keeping me occupied during the summer as well as getting me ahead in school, I graduated high school with more credits then anyone I knew.) The only problem is that none of the people I know around here have time tonight to go get a drink at midnight. I don't really make a fuss over the 20th of July, (I mean I stopped getting real presents a while a go and haven't had a cake in years,) but it would be nice to do a little something since I have no obligations for the rest of my time here.

Regardless of what happens this evening though, I know my mother will be taking me out tomorrow night and we will have a 'nice family dinner,'which hopefully won't end with any kind of bickering between me and my 17 year old brother.

Next week though, will be my undoing. The final week for many exchange students will begin and endless partying will certainly happen. I must say, I'm looking more forward to that then anything else.

No comments: