11.8.06

a Fucked Friday Night.




Not that there is anywhere else that I would like to be in this broke dick town, but sitting in the attic with very dry eyes from wearing contacts for more than five minutes and scanning the internet/Direct TV for entertainment isn't as relaxing/fun/whatever as it should be. Jason Biggs, Jessica Lang, and the Ricci girl are doing there best tonight as Prozac Nation is the only worthy film on tonight. I feel like I should be reading something instead of staring into the glow box.

This girl is disturbed. I can relate in a way, but not a drug induced coma or intense psych sessions with Anne Heiche kind of way. It's more like, 'wow it's hard to be a female in a decently fucked time period' kind of way. It is funny though to see people you know in the fights on the TV screen. I feel very removed from that life, but I know a few families that are very similar. Watching it play out in real life is the same as looking at it now on the silver screen but with 'edgier' dialogue.

Other news from the home front includes my sore jaw from the twelfth and thirteenth fillings placed into my mouth this afternoon. I love my dentist, he is the only one I have ever seen in my life and I trust him more then other health professionals. We decided to try filling on of my molars without Novocain, which I have had done before. When he hit the nerve it was the first time he has ever done that in the many years I have seen him. I jerked and threw a bit of a fit in the dentist chair with the drill still in my mouth. I stared to tear up and couldn't stop shaking as he told me I should never to that again. He numbed every part of my mouth after that and as my tongue started to swell in my mouth he injected a second shot on the left side. By the end of the visit I was cracking jokes with a horrible Novocain lisp. It's just the sore jaw I have right now that still has me a bit creeped this evening. Nothing a shot of Johnny Walker Red won't take care of though...

No comments: