6.8.06

the Chance Meeting on Brandon Ave.




On a whim today I decided to call a friend in order to hang out for a bit as well as give her German gifts. Getting into the truck which was an oven on wheels, I inserted the Eraser into the CD player and headed into Norfolk. After parking the Tahoe I walked towards the apartment and spotted his car right away. The person I speek of is none other than theKiller, who I had thought would be out of town for the weekend. You see the friend I was visiting was his roommate and I assumed that he would not be there so I could relax with people for a bit on this very slow Sunday.

I thought to myself that perhaps he isn't there, just his car, that's all... but this didn't keep my heart from racing furiously and I started to sweat for once from something other then the heat.

When I knocked on the door of the apartment I was so thankful to have someone, anyone other than him answer the door, but he was definatly there. He sat in the living room and looked in my direction as I came through the door. I wanted to melt, run, or at least blush furiously but instead I looked away quickly and consentrated on greeting the J-Bot. He got up and after my hug with J-Bot, he tells me, 'Welcome back to theStates.' and hugs me as well. I pulled away a little soon just out of sheer uncomfortable shyness.

The afternoon that followed was a very relaxed one but it took me a little while to settle my mind down. I kept running outside to 'Get some air,' when really I just wanted to grip my chest to keep my heart from escaping out of my throat. It was already hot in the apartment, but I felt ten times more unconfortable just sitting within 20 feet of him. I felt the most unattractive and unintelligent I believe I have ever felt in my life. Question: How does a man do that to a stupid girl after four months of being so far apart?

After finally settling down we were able to talk, listen to music, and watch others play video games with ease. The Others were more interested in smoking as much pot as humanly possible in under 20 minutes which I have to say annoyed the Hell out of me. I always liked the fact that he was able to distance himself from certain habits that others around here occupy too much of their time with.
By the end of my visit the others were sitting stoned out of their minds watching a movie while theKiller and I stayed out on the balcony. We caught each other up as well as talked about plans for the future. His big move to C'ville is more on his mind then anything else so we talked a lot about his job application to UVA and the band that he will be working with up there... etc.
It was nice, and I felt satisfied that I didn't make an ass of myself. I'm of course wanting to see him again before I leave and can only hope that it won't be so dramatic inside of my head next time. I really need to settle down.

5 comments:

jane bliss said...

june* this 'theKiller' person of whom you speak.......sounds sexy!

Are you in Berlin, darling?

How marvelous!

space

june said...

i actually just got back from Germany just a few days ago, i guess i should change that.

jane bliss said...

june*

I spent some time reading your blog...I see that you are back in the usa.

You have a very talented and interesting way of expressing yourself!

Glad I found your blog!

space

jane bliss said...

june-

gotcha....i read a bit more of your quirky/funny/interesting blog
and see that you are back in the usa-

love the black and white pics!

~space in san francisco

june said...

::blushes::
thankyou.