1.1.07

One for the Books.

This ability to not get the slightest bit of rest is obnoxious. I won't go into the details of my sleep patterns but let's just say before tonight I hadn't the slightest clue as to the plot of the HBO series Entourage and now I'm more caught up then I should be.
I didn't feel like staying in this evening but I really didn't want to go out. The truth is I couldn't think of anyone I wanted to spend the holiday with - so I spent it by myself. I hate the bullshit of watching the ball drop in New York City, (it's not exciting, I think about the poor idiots freezing in the cold, and I'm not a fan of NYC.) Instead, I was up in my room playing solitaire on my pocketPC and barely noticed the passing of the hour. From 23:58 all of a sudden it's 4:46 and I don't feel like I missed out. I guess my ambivilance is what keeps me from closing my eyes and drifting off as well. It doesn't matter whether I'm awake or asleep.
I will say it was nice to get a few text messages from people. It's nice to think that in some random bar or house party someone will think beyond the cheap box wine and shitty music to connect.

I'm not making any real points here this evening. I feel that my more enlightened moments come to my when I'm far from my computer so I'll wrap this up and hope that sleep will visit soon before I start making breakfast and going on a Starbucks run.

No comments: