27.7.07

Regardless of the fact that I don't have time, I want to make time. I would like to put it all down before I forget. I 'm trying not to forget the best week I think I've ever had.

It started with my flight being delayed out of Pittsburgh for six hours. Normally one is frustrated, irate, any number of negative emotions when a plane is so delayed but I was hanging out with two of the nicest people I've ever met in the bar right next to the gate. A couple vodka tonics, a lemon drop, and a few cheese sticks later I was giggling at the gate as they told us to 'remain patient,' and thanked us for our patience. Once in New York my connecting flight was also delayed.

At the baggage claim my amazing week truly began. Mr. Y sat clutching the latest issue of a popular news magazine. The second he glanced up I got a surge of happiness. I was here! Washington DC! I wasn't in transit any longer and I got to see a friend I hadn't seen in an age.

After the trip into Old Alexandria we met up with Lady K and headed to the nearest bar. I realized I was not longer in the 'Burgh when my first round cost $15.

First came mid-night and then the bar sang 'Happy Birthday.' Next the free shots, the creepy NOVA (Northern Virginia,) boys, the tenth cigarette, and finally a fun stumble home.

I woke up the next day next to Lady K with the best hang over ever and the rest of a beautiful birthday day ahead of me.

More on that later.

No comments: