28.7.07

The Birthday Morning/Day/Night

I awoke just after noon with a neat hangover to the sounds of 'America's Next Top Model,' (which I abhor,) and gathered myself together for breakfast.


The scene in Cosi is something for myself and Lady K.

As we sat perched on stylish wooden seats next to the window of swiftly passing yuppies on their lunch hour I took in the fact that I barely knew the girl that took off an honest day's work to make sure that the 20th of July was something to remember. We ate our shitty/overpriced food, (her 'doing surgery' on her tuna sandwich accomplishing nothing but a small smelly bad of fish mixed with cold cheese.) We spent the rest of the day exploring her neighborhood - passing Harry Potter toting adults and sunglass donning vacationers like myself - the highlight being a visit to the Torpedo Factory. I didn't necessarily love a lot of the work, but it was just amazing to see people making money doing something that they loved. It was Studio #224 that was the one to visit.

Then there was the walk to the Mall and sitting on the grass in the sculpture garden listening to jazz and people watching.
The night was a blur of walking, metro, smoking from a bowl very obviously in the middle of Dupont Circle, hitting on the waiter, pissing behind a shrub, and countless other drunk activities, and finally home. Bed. I had successfully turned twenty-two.

No comments: